If you’re thinking about selling your home but are nervous to move forward because by the lack of available homes to buy, the Transition Loan could be exactly what you’re looking for.
Here’s how it works:
- Low down payment
- Make a non-contingent offer on a new home before you sell your existing home (you’ll need to qualify for both payments, but that’s often easier than you think).
- Once you’re under contract on the new home, list your home for sale.
- When your sale closes, apply the proceeds (of at least $10,000) to the new loan balance and lower your monthly payment.
- Remember, your new home purchase can often include up to two skipped months of mortgage payments, making it possible to never “double pay” on your mortgages.
- All original loan terms and conditions remain the same
- No refinance required
- Flat $300 fee
- Avoids costly interest payments and closing costs